GREENWICH, Conn. – Mark Jon Karuzas, formerly of Greenwich, died Dec. 1 when he was struck by a train in Abilene, Texas. He was 36.
According to the Abilene Reporter News, he was reportedly lying on the tracks when he was struck at 2:40 p.m.
He was born Feb. 14, 1976, to Debbie and Dennis Purdy. He attended Greenwich High School in the mid-'90s and was a member of the Greenwich Boys and Girls Club. He was an avid basketball player.
He is survived by his parents; a brother, Scott Karsen, of Yorktown Heights, N.Y.; a nephew, Dylan Karsen, of Sutton, Mass.; and a daughter, Madyson Karuzas, of Texas. He was predeceased by his grandparents, Rose and Harry Niman.
Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Castiglione Funeral Home in Greenwich. A memorial service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home. A private burial service will follow at St. Mary's Cemetery in Greenwich.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Mark J. Karuzas Memorial Scholarship, Greenwich Scholarship Association, c/o United Way of Greenwich, One Lafayette Court, Greenwich, CT 06830.
- 1 Greenwich Part Of Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Greenwich Cheese Shop Offers Taste Tests, Cut-To Order Selections
- 3 Former Greenwich Resident On New Bravo Docu-Series 'Friends To Lovers?'
- 4 Greenwich Man Faces Cruelty Charge After Kicking His Dog
- 5 Woman Faces DUI Charge After Driving Car With Blown Tires In Greenwich