TRUMBULL, Conn. - Marion P. Belmonte of Trumbull, formerly of Greenwich, died Monday, Aug. 18. She was 90.
Belmonte was born to Pietro and Felicia Carparelli in Harrison, N.Y. She was a homemaker and was active at Sacred Heart Church in Greenwich and worked with the elderly at St. Joseph's Manor for many years.
Belmonte is survived by her children, Rocco and Mary Belmonte of Ridgefield, Emelia (Emmy) Sarica and Andreas Senie of Trumbull; former son-in-law, Anthony "Buddy" Sarica of Bridgeport.; four grandchildren; brothers, Lou Carparelli of Harrison, N.Y., and Angelo Carparelli of Chicago, Ill.; and seven great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, William A. Belmonte; seven brothers and sisters; and granddaughter, Alana.
Calling hours are Thursday, Aug. 21 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home, 50 Reef Road in Fairfield Center. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Friday, Aug. 22 directly at St. Theresa Church in Trumbull. Interment to follow in St. Mary's Cemetery in Greenwich.
Donations may be made in her memory to Camp Rising Sun, P.O. Box 472, Branford.
- 1 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 2 Record Numbers Turn Out As Greenwich Throws Its Biggest Party
- 3 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 4 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 5 Greenwich Educator Drops Out Of Race For Principal At Staples