GREENWICH, Conn. - Marion Farmer of Greenwich died Saturday, April 26. She was 97.
Farmer was born Oct. 18, 1916, in the Bronx, N.Y., and was the daughter of Frank Miltner and Mary (Würtenburger) Miltner, and resided in Bloomfield for the past 20 years. She and her husband, James were longtime residents of Riverside, having lived there for nearly 40 years prior to their move to Bloomfield. They were active parishioners at St. Paul's Episcopal Church since 1956.
Farmer is survived by her son, Robert C. Farmer of Emerald Isle, N.C.; daughter, Nancy Farmer of Osterville, Mass.; six grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, James G. Farmer.
A private memorial service will be held at a later date at St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Riverside with interment in the Memorial Garden.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 200 Riverside Ave., Riverside, CT 06878.
For more information, please visit http://www.carmonfuneralhome.com
- 1 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 2 Record Numbers Turn Out As Greenwich Throws Its Biggest Party
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Greenwich Comes Out To Party With Doobie Brothers, Earth Wind & Fire