RIVERSIDE, Conn. - Marilyn Few Green Blair, a 50 year resident of Riverside, died Wednesday, April 9. She was 76.
Blair was born in Pine Bluff, Arkansas to Janella Few and Clinton C. Green. She graduated from York High School, Elmhurst, Ill., and continued at University of Chicago, The New School, Manhattanville, Duke, Oxford and Cambridge Universities and London School of Economics. She worked for Pan American World Airways in Chicago. After her marriage she moved to Stamford before settling in the first house in Riverside.
She volunteered in for more than two decades in the Greenwich school system, served as leader of a Girl Scout troop, coached a girls softball team, the Royal Lyme Champs, and taught religious education with her husband.
Blair is survived by her husband, Dick; children, Richard (Beverly), David (Alicia), Carol (Gordon) Scowcroft, Lynn (Brian) Ebzery; and 10 grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held at 5:30 p.m. Saturday, May 10 at Greenwich Point.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Greenwich's Convent Of The Sacred Heart Celebrates Construction Milestone
- 4 Rain, Snow Threaten Greenwich On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Greenwich