RIVERSIDE, Conn. - Marilyn Few Green Blair, a 50 year resident of Riverside, died Wednesday, April 9. She was 76.
Blair was born in Pine Bluff, Arkansas to Janella Few and Clinton C. Green. She graduated from York High School, Elmhurst, Ill., and continued at University of Chicago, The New School, Manhattanville, Duke, Oxford and Cambridge Universities and London School of Economics. She worked for Pan American World Airways in Chicago. After her marriage she moved to Stamford before settling in the first house in Riverside.
She volunteered in for more than two decades in the Greenwich school system, served as leader of a Girl Scout troop, coached a girls softball team, the Royal Lyme Champs, and taught religious education with her husband.
Blair is survived by her husband, Dick; children, Richard (Beverly), David (Alicia), Carol (Gordon) Scowcroft, Lynn (Brian) Ebzery; and 10 grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held at 5:30 p.m. Saturday, May 10 at Greenwich Point.
- 1 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 2 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 3 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 4 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 5 Girls Hurt In Fairfield Tubing Accident Moved To Yale-New Haven Hospital