GREENWICH, Conn. - Marian DeAngelis Leto of Greenwich died March 29. She was 91.
Leto was born Nov. 20, 1922, to Roger and Josephine DeAngelis in New York City. She was raised in Morgantown, West Virginia till the age of 15 when the family returned to New York where she attended Julia Richmond High School. After High School she attended The Juilliard School where she studied music and voice. She sang with the Metropolitan Opera for many years and many cherished performances.
Leto is survived by her daughters, Christine Phillips and Barbara Hilson; four grandchildren; a great-grandchild; and siblings, Drs. Anthony, Carmello, and Eugene DeAngelis all of Yonkers, N.Y. She was predeceased by her husband, Philip Joseph Leto; son, Philip Anthony Leto.
Calling hours are Tuesday, April 1 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Fred D. Knapp & Son Funeral Home, 267 Greenwich Ave., Greenwich from 5:00 to 7:00 P.M. on Tues. Services will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, April 2 in the funeral home.
- 1 Police: Armed Robber Strikes Greenwich Gas Station On Route 1
- 2 Box Truck Fire Closes East Putnam Avenue In Greenwich
- 3 Greenwich Police: Two Men Assaulted, Robbed In 'Ferocious' Street Attack
- 4 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station