GREENWICH, Conn. - Marian DeAngelis Leto of Greenwich died March 29. She was 91.
Leto was born Nov. 20, 1922, to Roger and Josephine DeAngelis in New York City. She was raised in Morgantown, West Virginia till the age of 15 when the family returned to New York where she attended Julia Richmond High School. After High School she attended The Juilliard School where she studied music and voice. She sang with the Metropolitan Opera for many years and many cherished performances.
Leto is survived by her daughters, Christine Phillips and Barbara Hilson; four grandchildren; a great-grandchild; and siblings, Drs. Anthony, Carmello, and Eugene DeAngelis all of Yonkers, N.Y. She was predeceased by her husband, Philip Joseph Leto; son, Philip Anthony Leto.
Calling hours are Tuesday, April 1 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Fred D. Knapp & Son Funeral Home, 267 Greenwich Ave., Greenwich from 5:00 to 7:00 P.M. on Tues. Services will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, April 2 in the funeral home.
- 1 Stamford Cops: Greenwich Woman Charged After Leaving Child In Locked Car
- 2 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 3 Greenwich Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy
- 5 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead