GREENWICH, Conn. -- Marcia Anne Garvan Coyle, 90, a long-time resident of Greenwich, died on Aug. 11.
Coyle was the daughter of Francis Patrick Garvan and Mabel Brady,Following six brothers and sisters, she was born Sept. 11, 1923, in Roslyn, N.Y., on Long Island.
After attending the Convent of the Sacred Heart in New York for high school followed by Manhattanville College. Mrs. Coyle met and married Frank James Coyle in 1946.
She was a volunteer for many years at the Greenwich Hospital. She enjoyed gardening, reading, traveling, photography and nature.
Mrs. Coyle is survived by five children: Mabel Brady Coyle of Greenwich, Frank J. Coyle, Jr. of Ridgefield, Didi Coyle of Nantucket, Jacqueline Keeshan of Greenwich and Jennifer Moseley of San Juan Capistrano, Calif.; 13 grandchildren: two great-grandchildren and one great-grandchild to come.
A mass was held Thursday at St. Michael's Church, followed by a reception at Round Hill Club. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Greenwich Hospital Home Hospice, c/o Greenwich Hospital Foundation, 35 River Road, Cos Cob, CT 06807.
- 1 Cos Cob Woman Charged With Drug Possession In New York
- 2 Tens Of Thousands Turn Out To Enjoy UBS Parade In Downtown Stamford
- 3 Suspect Grabs $50K In Fur Coats From Greenwich's Saks Fifth Avenue
- 4 Rain, Snow Threaten Greenwich On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm