GREENWICH, Conn. -- Marcia Anne Garvan Coyle, 90, a long-time resident of Greenwich, died on Aug. 11.
Coyle was the daughter of Francis Patrick Garvan and Mabel Brady,Following six brothers and sisters, she was born Sept. 11, 1923, in Roslyn, N.Y., on Long Island.
After attending the Convent of the Sacred Heart in New York for high school followed by Manhattanville College. Mrs. Coyle met and married Frank James Coyle in 1946.
She was a volunteer for many years at the Greenwich Hospital. She enjoyed gardening, reading, traveling, photography and nature.
Mrs. Coyle is survived by five children: Mabel Brady Coyle of Greenwich, Frank J. Coyle, Jr. of Ridgefield, Didi Coyle of Nantucket, Jacqueline Keeshan of Greenwich and Jennifer Moseley of San Juan Capistrano, Calif.; 13 grandchildren: two great-grandchildren and one great-grandchild to come.
A mass was held Thursday at St. Michael's Church, followed by a reception at Round Hill Club. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Greenwich Hospital Home Hospice, c/o Greenwich Hospital Foundation, 35 River Road, Cos Cob, CT 06807.
- 1 Greenwich Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Greenwich
- 4 Separate I-95 Accidents Take Out Lanes Near Connecticut Border
- 5 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Greenwich