GREENWICH, Conn. - Marcella Kowalski, a resident of Vermont and formerly of Greenwich, died Jan. 1. She was 98.
Kowalski was born Feb. 15, 1915, in Port Chester, N.Y., daughter of Paul and Celia Tokarz. Before moving to Vermont four years ago, she had lived her whole life in Greenwich.
In Greenwich she was a member of the Glenville Senior Citizens and the Bryam Seniors Group. She attended St. Paul's Roman Catholic Church in Glenville and was active in the Woman's Guild.
Kowalski is survived by her daughter, Ceil Barker of Marblehead, Mass.; son, Lee Kowalski of South Burlington; six grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Leon Kowalski Sr.; brothers, Joseph and Theodore Tokarz; and sister, Eleanor Rampata.
A private memorial service and interment is planned in Greenwich.
For more information, please visit: www.cremationsocietycc.com/
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Driver Was Checking Google Maps When Truck Hit Bridge Near Greenwich
- 3 Greenwich's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Greenwich, NOAA Predicts