GREENWICH, Conn. - Marcella Kowalski, a resident of Vermont and formerly of Greenwich, died Jan. 1. She was 98.
Kowalski was born Feb. 15, 1915, in Port Chester, N.Y., daughter of Paul and Celia Tokarz. Before moving to Vermont four years ago, she had lived her whole life in Greenwich.
In Greenwich she was a member of the Glenville Senior Citizens and the Bryam Seniors Group. She attended St. Paul's Roman Catholic Church in Glenville and was active in the Woman's Guild.
Kowalski is survived by her daughter, Ceil Barker of Marblehead, Mass.; son, Lee Kowalski of South Burlington; six grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Leon Kowalski Sr.; brothers, Joseph and Theodore Tokarz; and sister, Eleanor Rampata.
A private memorial service and interment is planned in Greenwich.
For more information, please visit: www.cremationsocietycc.com/
- 1 Greenwich Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Greenwich
- 4 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Greenwich
- 5 Separate I-95 Accidents Take Out Lanes Near Connecticut Border