GREENWICH, Conn. - Marcella Kowalski, a resident of Vermont and formerly of Greenwich, died Jan. 1. She was 98.
Kowalski was born Feb. 15, 1915, in Port Chester, N.Y., daughter of Paul and Celia Tokarz. Before moving to Vermont four years ago, she had lived her whole life in Greenwich.
In Greenwich she was a member of the Glenville Senior Citizens and the Bryam Seniors Group. She attended St. Paul's Roman Catholic Church in Glenville and was active in the Woman's Guild.
Kowalski is survived by her daughter, Ceil Barker of Marblehead, Mass.; son, Lee Kowalski of South Burlington; six grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Leon Kowalski Sr.; brothers, Joseph and Theodore Tokarz; and sister, Eleanor Rampata.
A private memorial service and interment is planned in Greenwich.
For more information, please visit: www.cremationsocietycc.com/
- 1 Police: Greenwich Woman Used Stroller In Shoplifting Attempt At Saks
- 2 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 3 Greenwich Police: Woman Hid In Dumpster After Stealing From CVS
- 4 Old Greenwich Restaurant Reviewed By Fairfield County Foodie
- 5 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island