GREENWICH, Conn. - Lucile Ralston Gray of Greenwich died May 12. She was 87.
Gray was born May 27, 1926, in Reynoldswood in Dixon, Ill., She was the daughter of Lucile Reynolds Ralston and John Gould Ralston. She graduated from the Girls Latin School of Chicago and The Masters School in Dobbs Ferry, N.Y.
She was active in the Greenwich Garden Club, president of the New York Chapter of Achievement Rewards for College Scientists in the 1970s and a board member of the Nantucket Boys & Girls Club. She was a member of The Colony Club in New York, The Field Club, The Round Hill Club, and the Indian Harbor Yacht Club in Greenwich, and the Nantucket Yacht Club and Sankaty Head on Nantucket Island. She was a Greenwich resident since 1952.
Gray is survived by her daughters, Joan White of Jackson N.H., and Lynn Gray of Verbank, N.Y.; and three granddaughters. She was predeceased by her husbands, David Dunlop Gray and Johnston Filmer Northrop; sister, Joan (Joseph) Wilson Cochran III.
A memorial service will be led by the Rev. Richard Van Wely at St. Barnabas Church in Greenwich June 10 at 11 a.m. She will be buried privately on Nantucket Island.
- 1 Rye Brook Landlord Negotiates Settlement With D'Agostino's Supermarket
- 2 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station
- 3 Conyers Farm Home In Greenwich Hits Market For $65 Million
- 4 'I Am Cait' Follows Newtown HS Grad Caitlyn Jenner In New E! Docuseries
- 5 Heat Wave Taking Hold In Greenwich