GREENWICH, Conn. - Luci Margotta Longo, a resident of Greenwich since 1947, died June 9. She was 90.
Longo was born May 5, 1924, in North Tarrytown, N.Y., the daughter of Anthony J. Margotta and Mary DiPalito Margotta. She attended St. Teresa's Grammar School, graduating in June 1939, then she attended The Academy Of Our Lady Of The Blessed Sacrament at Broadlea in Goshen, N.Y., graduating in June 1943.
After graduating, she was employed at Chevrolet in North Tarrytown, which during World War II was converted over to Eastern Aircraft. She married and moved to Greenwich in 1947. After raising her family, she returned to the work force, working in the payroll department for many companies such as National Union, Electric Amex Mining Corp. and Phibro Energy.
Longo is survived by her daughter, Denise Denise Payton, and sons Patrick R. Longo Jr. and Anthony Longo, all of Greenwich. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Patrick R. Longo Sr.; and son, Christopher A. Longo.
There are no calling hours. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, June 12, at Sacred Heart Church, 95 Henry St., Greenwich. Interment will follow at Sleepy Hollow Cemetery in Sleepy Hollow, N.Y.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Longo’s memory to St. Jude's Children Research Hospital, 2262 Danny Thomas Place, Memphis, TN. 38105.
- 1 Greenwich Mogul Shakes Up Art World With Sale Of Magazine, Merger
- 2 Moving Truck Gets Wedged Under Metro-North Train Bridge In Greenwich
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Greenwich
- 5 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care