GREENWICH, Conn. - Louise Vernon Flanagan of Greenwich died April 1. She was 96.
Flanagan was born Nov. 27, 1917, in Greenwich, to Clifford and Louise Boal Vernon. She was raised in Port Chester and graduated from Port Chester High School, class of 1936. She worked in the Records Department of the Greenwich Police Department for 25 years, retiring in 1986. For many years she ran the Port Chester High School, class of '36 high school reunion.
Flanagan is survived by her daughters, Sharon (Bill) Odierna of The Villages, Fla.; Marta (James) Bailey of Stamford and Laraine (Brian) Bronski of Stratford; five grandchildren; and six great grandchildren; several cousins; and nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, Lt. Martin K. Flanagan; and brother, Clifford Vernon.
A private service will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, April 5 at the Leo P. Gallagher and Son Funeral Home in Greenwich. She will be buried with Martin in the family plot at St. Mary's Cemetery, Greenwich.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenwich
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Crumbs Makes A Cupcake Comeback In Greenwich
- 5 Greenwich Family Raises Record-Breaking $50,000 For Alzheimer’s Association