GREENWICH, Conn. - Lilian Roselea (Genetelli) Engebretson, a longtime Greenwich resident, died Friday, Aug. 1. She was 90.
Engebretson was born May 5, 1924, and grew up in New York City's Greenwich Village. Her first employment was with Fugazy Travel.
She married Oliver Engebretson and moved to Greenwich in 1958, and they were divorced in the mid-70s. She worked for the Greenwich Academy for 34 years in the administration and business development offices until her retirement in 2006.
Engebretson is survived by her brother, Robert from Massachusetts; children, Bruce, of Miami, Lee, of Greenwich, Mark, of New Jersey, and Julie, of Greenwich; and six grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held at noon Thursday, Aug. 14, at the Second Congregational Church in Greenwich.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Engebrtson's memory to the Greenwich Academy Scholarship Fund, 200 N. Maple Ave., Greenwich, CT 06830.
For more information, visist www.leopgallaghergreenwich.com
- 1 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Greenwich Triathlete Heads To Vermont With Hopeful, Heavy Heart
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Greenwich
- 5 Sales Fall, But Average Home Price Climbs 31% In Greenwich