GREENWICH, Conn. - Joseph W. Labate of Greenwich died July 19. He was 83.
Labate was born Jan. 26, 1930, son of Asunta Minitti Labate and Antonio Labate. He was employed by Electrolux and the Greenwich School system.
Labate is survived by brothers, Charles of Ocala, Fla., and John of Trumbull; nieces and nephews; and great and great-great nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his wife, Helen Kural Labate; brothers, Frank of Mamaroneck, Vincent of Harrison, Anthony of Port Chester; and sister, Mary of North Haven.
Calling hours are July 24 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, 31 Arch St., Greenwich. A Mass of Christian burial will be held at 10 a.m. July 25 at the Sacred Heart Church, 95 Henry St., Greenwich. Interment will follow at St. Mary's Cemetery, North St., Greenwich.
Memorial contributions may be made to Constellation Hospice, 240 Indian River Road, Orange, CT 06477.
For more information, please visit :www.leopgallaghergreenwich.com
- 1 Greenwich Police Seek Help Finding Missing Teen Girl
- 2 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester
- 3 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 4 Organizers Look To Premiere A New Kind Of Film Festival For Greenwich
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview