GREENWICH, Conn. - Joseph W. Labate of Greenwich died July 19. He was 83.
Labate was born Jan. 26, 1930, son of Asunta Minitti Labate and Antonio Labate. He was employed by Electrolux and the Greenwich School system.
Labate is survived by brothers, Charles of Ocala, Fla., and John of Trumbull; nieces and nephews; and great and great-great nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his wife, Helen Kural Labate; brothers, Frank of Mamaroneck, Vincent of Harrison, Anthony of Port Chester; and sister, Mary of North Haven.
Calling hours are July 24 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, 31 Arch St., Greenwich. A Mass of Christian burial will be held at 10 a.m. July 25 at the Sacred Heart Church, 95 Henry St., Greenwich. Interment will follow at St. Mary's Cemetery, North St., Greenwich.
Memorial contributions may be made to Constellation Hospice, 240 Indian River Road, Orange, CT 06477.
For more information, please visit :www.leopgallaghergreenwich.com
- 1 Greenwich High Cited Among Top High Schools By Newsweek
- 2 National Weather Service: Greenwich's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 3 Lisa Marie D'Angelo, 42, Of Old Greenwich, Worked As Nurse’s Aide
- 4 Greenwich Educator Named Semifinalist For Teacher Of The Year
- 5 Greenwich Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach