RIVERSIDE, Conn. - John Stanley Tatge, a resident of Riverside since 1967, died Friday, July 25. He was 83.
Tatge was born May 30, 1931, to Edward George and Marion Szymanski Tatge in Evanston, Ill. He studied English at Lawrence University and Northwestern University. After college, he moved to New York City and worked for many years as a writer and photographer for United Press Features, covering industry and business as well as public relations.
He served as president of the Art Society of Old Greenwich from 1991 to 2001. He created the first ASOG website and chaired the Sidewalk Show in Old Greenwich for 20 years.
He was a coach for the OGRCC for many years in baseball and basketball, coaching First Church and State National teams.
Tatge is survived by his wife, Gretchen Tatge; son, Conrad Tatge of Riverside; daughters, Amanda Tatge Jones of Williamstown, Mass., and Melissa Tatge of Beacon, N.Y.; a grandchild.
Calling hours are Tuesday, July 29 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Knapp Funeral Home, 267 Greenwich Ave., Greenwich.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Art Society of Old Greenwich, PO Box 103, Old Greenwich, CT 06870.
- 1 Greenwich Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Greenwich
- 4 Separate I-95 Accidents Take Out Lanes Near Connecticut Border
- 5 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Greenwich