JUPITER, Fla. - John Rogers Myers, of Jupiter, and Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, and formerly of Greenwich, Conn., died July 13. He was 86.
Myers was born Feb. 10, 1928, in Brookline, Mass., the son of Elsie Clay Rogers and Norman John Myers. He grew up in New Hampshire, Boston and New York City. He attended Boston Latin School and graduated with the Class of 1949 from Harvard University.
He lived with his wife and family in Greenwich, Conn., for over 30 years and have been residents of Jupiter since October 1993. He was the founder of Myers Publishing Co. Inc., a publisher of trade journals, including Chemical Purchasing and Art Business News. He was a member of the Jonathan's Landing community and club.
Myers is survived by his wife, Patricia; children, John H. Myers of Miami, Elizabeth Myers Imphong of Alexandria, Va., and Caroline Myers Taufic (William) of Darien, Conn.; and five grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
Private family services will be held.
For more information, visit www.aycockfuneralhomejupiter.com.
- 1 Rye Brook Landlord Negotiates Settlement With D'Agostino's Supermarket
- 2 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station
- 3 Conyers Farm Home In Greenwich Hits Market For $65 Million
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Roll Through Greenwich
- 5 Greenwich Cigarette Assault Arrest, Rescued Kayaker Top Week's News