GREENWICH, Conn. - John McCall Kingsley Jr. of Greenwich died July 19. He was 82.
Kingsley was born Dec. 1, 1931, in Berlin, Germany, to John McCall and Elizabeth Curry Kingsley. He attended Greenwich Country Day School and graduated from Groton School, and Yale University in the Class of 1953. He received his MBA from the Harvard Business School in 1955. Subsequently, he served for two years in the U.S. Army Finance Corps.
His professional career began at Price, Waterhouse & Co., during which time he received his CPA from New York University. He then worked at Dillon, Read & Co. Inc. as an associate of corporate finance, and then as vice president of finance at General Host Co.
In 1971 he joined Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. as executive vice president and director. He retired in 1996 but continued serving the company as a director, and then presiding director, until 2010.
Kingsley is survived by his wife, Ines; son, John McCall Kingsley III; daughter, Kate Kingsley Lund (Ted); and two grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday, July 30, at the Round Hill Community Church, 395 Round Hill Road, Greenwich.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Hydrocephalus Association, 4340 East West Highway, Suite 905, Bethesda, MD 20814.
- 1 Westport Schools: Greenwich ‘Jumped the Gun’ On New Staples Principal
- 2 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 3 Obama To Make Fundraising Stop In Stamford
- 4 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says
- 5 Beware Of Delays On Merritt In Greenwich During Obama's Visit