GREENWICH, Conn. – Jerry Phillips Baird of Greenwich died Dec. 7. He was 74.
Baird was born in 1938 in New Albany, Ind. Raised in Clarksville, Ind., his family moved to Greenwich when he was 12. He attended Boston University before enlisting in the Seventh Infantry Division of the Army and serving in Korea from 1960 to 1962.
He married his high school sweetheart, Janice Reese, on Sept. 10, 1960. He worked in the textile division of Johnson Industries in New York City for 20 years.
He later became president and CEO of Rotunda N.A. and Baird Associates in Greenwich. Baird led a full and active life with many hobbies, his family said. His favorites were auto racing, fly fishing and golf.
He was a member of Belle Haven Club, serving on several committees as well as on the board of directors from 1984 to 1988. He also founded the Belle Haven Golf and Shotgun Committee and was a member of the Campfire Hunting and Fishing Club in Chappaqua, N.Y.
Baird is survived by his wife; two children, Lisa Baird Lomanto and Jerry Phillips Baird Jr.; a brother, Ronald C. Baird, of Woodstock, Conn.; a sister, Joan-Katherine G. McCord, of Denver; and four grandchildren.
A memorial service was held Wednesday at Christ Church in Greenwich. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to a medical research charity.
- 1 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 2 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 3 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 4 Greenwich-Owned Upstart Places 18th At Kentucky Derby
- 5 Man Who Rear Ends Two Cars On I-684 Faces DWI Charge, State Police Say