NORWALK, Conn. - Jeanne M. Fachner of Norwalk died Thursday, March 6. She was 69.
Fachner was born Nov. 7, 1944, in Manhattan, the daughter of Matthew and Josephine (Mangini) Murphy. She was an English/language arts teacher in the Greenwich Public School system, retiring from Eastern Middle School. After her retirement, she became an adjunct professor at the University of Bridgeport.
Fachner is survived by her husband, Frederick; children, Beth I. Pierce (Drew) of Dedham, Mass., and Peter Igneri (Heidi) of Colchester, Vt.; stepchildren, Rebecca Fachner of Gainesville, Fla., and Rachel Sample of Portland Ore.; six grandchildren; brother Paul Murphy (Maria) and their family of Garden City, N.Y.; and Beth and Peter’s father John Igneri.
A memorial service will be held Thursday, March 13, at 4:30 p.m. at the First Congregational Church on the Green, Park Street, Norwalk, with a reception to follow at the Norwalk Inn on East Avenue.
Memorial donations in honor of Fachner may be directed to: http://www.lungcancerresearchfoundation.org
For more information, please visit: www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 3 Some Of The Best Pizza In Connecticut Is Found In Greenwich
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Greenwich Overnight