RIDGEFIELD, Conn. - James H. Hara, a longtime resident of Ridgefield, died April 30. He was 78.
Hara was born in Shizuoka, Japan, he launched his career in estimating/repair subsequently building ocean-going bulk carriers, around the bay of Sasebo, Japan. Two decades-plus later in the heavy industry, he was employed by Skaarup Shipping Corporation of Greenwich. With a few years of residency in Greenwich, he acquired a house in Ridgefield, and has been there since July 1984.
Hara is survived by his sons, Shuichi "Shu," and Hidenobu "Harry."; daughter, Hideko "Heidi". He was predeceased by his wife, Sumiko Hara.
The service will be held privately.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Regional Hospice and Home Care of Western Connecticut.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Greenwich Triathlete Heads To Vermont With Hopeful, Heavy Heart
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Greenwich
- 5 Sales Fall, But Average Home Price Climbs 31% In Greenwich