RIDGEFIELD, Conn. - James H. Hara, a longtime resident of Ridgefield, died April 30. He was 78.
Hara was born in Shizuoka, Japan, he launched his career in estimating/repair subsequently building ocean-going bulk carriers, around the bay of Sasebo, Japan. Two decades-plus later in the heavy industry, he was employed by Skaarup Shipping Corporation of Greenwich. With a few years of residency in Greenwich, he acquired a house in Ridgefield, and has been there since July 1984.
Hara is survived by his sons, Shuichi "Shu," and Hidenobu "Harry."; daughter, Hideko "Heidi". He was predeceased by his wife, Sumiko Hara.
The service will be held privately.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Regional Hospice and Home Care of Western Connecticut.
- 1 Westport Schools: Greenwich ‘Jumped the Gun’ On New Staples Principal
- 2 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 3 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 4 Greenwich Student Hit By Car Near Central Middle School
- 5 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party