RIDGEFIELD, Conn. - James H. Hara, a longtime resident of Ridgefield, died April 30. He was 78.
Hara was born in Shizuoka, Japan, he launched his career in estimating/repair subsequently building ocean-going bulk carriers, around the bay of Sasebo, Japan. Two decades-plus later in the heavy industry, he was employed by Skaarup Shipping Corporation of Greenwich. With a few years of residency in Greenwich, he acquired a house in Ridgefield, and has been there since July 1984.
Hara is survived by his sons, Shuichi "Shu," and Hidenobu "Harry."; daughter, Hideko "Heidi". He was predeceased by his wife, Sumiko Hara.
The service will be held privately.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Regional Hospice and Home Care of Western Connecticut.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 Details Emerge, But Questions Remain In Harrison Double Murder-Suicide
- 3 Some Of The Best Pizza In Connecticut Is Found In Greenwich
- 4 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation