EAST DENNIS, Mass. - Gordon Paul Keleher of East Dennis, formerly of Norwalk, Conn., died July 2. He was 90.
Keleher was born June 13, 1924, and was the son of Edmund Keleher and Jean MacCallum. He graduated from Newington High School and was offered a full-scholarship in both golf and basketball from Duke University, however the war broke out and he joined the Navy. Upon receiving his discharge in 1946, he returned back to the Hartford area where he began working with Alling Rubber, a local sporting goods dealer. From there he went on to manage Bob's Sports in Stamford, Conn., for 16 years prior to opening his own sporting goods store, Gordon's Gateway to Sports in Cos Cob, in 1970.
Keleher is survived by his wife, Bernadette; daughter, Dianne; sons, Bob (Fran) and Randy (Diane); four grandchildren; and a great granddaughter.
A celebration of Keleher’s life will be held Wednesday, July 9 from 2 to 4 p.m. at The All American Pub on Route 134 in Dennis, Mass.
Memorial gifts may be made to the local VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Cape Cod located at 434 Route 134, Suite # G-1, South Dennis, MA, 02660.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Greenwich, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Greenwich Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Greenwich; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Greenwich With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow