GREENWICH, Conn. - Gino Covello, a lifelong resident of Greenwich, died Feb. 21. He was 69.
Covello was born June 9, 1944, to Ralph and Amalia Covello. He was a co-owner of Covello Sanitation, the first carting company located in Greenwich. He began working with his grandfather and father at the age of 10 and together with his brother Ralph Jr. took over the business. He retired in 2000.
Covello is survived by his sons, Gino Covello Jr. of Milford and Salvatore Paul Covello of Norwalk; brother, Ralph Covello Jr. of Greenwich; sister, Dorothy Sorensen of Port Chester, N.Y.; and a grandson. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, Anthony Quentin Covello of Greenwich.
Calling hours are 3 to 5 and 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, at Castiglione Funeral Home, 134 Hamilton Ave., Greenwich. Committal services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 27, at the funeral home with interment to follow at St Mary's Cemetery.
- 1 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Chance Of Snow Returns To Greenwich Overnight
- 5 Hundreds Pay Respects To Slain Harrison Sisters During Calling Hours