GREENWICH, Conn. - Gino Covello, a lifelong resident of Greenwich, died Feb. 21. He was 69.
Covello was born June 9, 1944, to Ralph and Amalia Covello. He was a co-owner of Covello Sanitation, the first carting company located in Greenwich. He began working with his grandfather and father at the age of 10 and together with his brother Ralph Jr. took over the business. He retired in 2000.
Covello is survived by his sons, Gino Covello Jr. of Milford and Salvatore Paul Covello of Norwalk; brother, Ralph Covello Jr. of Greenwich; sister, Dorothy Sorensen of Port Chester, N.Y.; and a grandson. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, Anthony Quentin Covello of Greenwich.
Calling hours are 3 to 5 and 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, at Castiglione Funeral Home, 134 Hamilton Ave., Greenwich. Committal services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 27, at the funeral home with interment to follow at St Mary's Cemetery.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal