GREENWICH, Conn. - Gino Covello, a lifelong resident of Greenwich, died Feb. 21. He was 69.
Covello was born June 9, 1944, to Ralph and Amalia Covello. He was a co-owner of Covello Sanitation, the first carting company located in Greenwich. He began working with his grandfather and father at the age of 10 and together with his brother Ralph Jr. took over the business. He retired in 2000.
Covello is survived by his sons, Gino Covello Jr. of Milford and Salvatore Paul Covello of Norwalk; brother, Ralph Covello Jr. of Greenwich; sister, Dorothy Sorensen of Port Chester, N.Y.; and a grandson. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, Anthony Quentin Covello of Greenwich.
Calling hours are 3 to 5 and 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, at Castiglione Funeral Home, 134 Hamilton Ave., Greenwich. Committal services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 27, at the funeral home with interment to follow at St Mary's Cemetery.
- 1 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Rye Brook Landlord Negotiates Settlement With D'Agostino's Supermarket
- 4 Greenwich Could See Storms As Weekend Wraps Up
- 5 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station