OLD GREENWICH, Conn. - Fred J. Meyer of Old Greenwich died Dec. 27. He was 82.
Meyer was born in Walenstadt,Switzerland. He graduated with an M.S. in geology from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology cum laude in Zurich, Switzerland. He also graduated with an MBA cum laude from the Harvard Business School.
He retired as chief financial officer of the Omnicom Group in 1999. He also served on many boards, including Sacred Heart University and EarthJustice Legal Defense Fund.
Meyer is survived by his wife, Marie-Noelle; sons Jay, Marc and Michael; a grandson; brother, Urs P.Meyer; and sister, Brigitte Perna from Switzerland.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, March 8, at the First Congregational Church, Sound Beach Avenue, Old Greenwich.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, with checks made out to MSKCC, attention Howard Scher/Prostate Cancer Research, 353 E. 68th st, New York, NY10065.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 3 Record Numbers Turn Out As Greenwich Throws Its Biggest Party
- 4 Enjoy A Parade On Memorial Day, Greenwich
- 5 Obama's Fundraising Trip, Principal Mishap Top Week's News In Greenwich