OLD GREENWICH, Conn. - Fred J. Meyer of Old Greenwich died Dec. 27. He was 82.
Meyer was born in Walenstadt,Switzerland. He graduated with an M.S. in geology from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology cum laude in Zurich, Switzerland. He also graduated with an MBA cum laude from the Harvard Business School.
He retired as chief financial officer of the Omnicom Group in 1999. He also served on many boards, including Sacred Heart University and EarthJustice Legal Defense Fund.
Meyer is survived by his wife, Marie-Noelle; sons Jay, Marc and Michael; a grandson; brother, Urs P.Meyer; and sister, Brigitte Perna from Switzerland.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, March 8, at the First Congregational Church, Sound Beach Avenue, Old Greenwich.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, with checks made out to MSKCC, attention Howard Scher/Prostate Cancer Research, 353 E. 68th st, New York, NY10065.
- 1 Greenwich Part Of Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Teen Prostitute Charged With Falsely Reporting Rape In Greenwich
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenwich
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; Greenwich Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'