DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. - Frances Gemma, a lifelong resident of Dobbs Ferry, died July 9. She was 90.
Gemma attended Dobbs Ferry High School and went on to work for the American Can Co. in Greenwich, Conn., in the Human Resource Department for 40 years. She was a member of the choir at Our Lady of Pompeii Church.
Gemma is survived by her brother, Jim (Catherine) Gemma; two nieces and three nephews; 13 great-nieces and great-nephews; three great-great-nieces and great-great-nephews; and sister-in-law, Rose Gemma. She was predeceased by her brother, Joseph.
Calling hours are 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday, July 11, at the Edwards-Dowdle Funeral Home. A Mass of the Resurrection will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, July 12, at Our Lady of Pompeii Church.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Dobbs Ferry Volunteer Ambulance Corps., 88 Ashford Ave., Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522.
- 1 Greenwich Couple Running Boston Marathon In Memory Of Bombing Victim
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 3 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Greenwich
- 4 Greenwich Runner Sprints For 20th Straight Boston Marathon
- 5 Greenwich's Sharon Vos Wins In Her Age Group At Boston Marathon