OCALA, Fla. - Florence M. "Flo" Penn of Ocala, formerly of Greenwich, May 9. She was 84.
Penn was born Sept. 7, 1929, in Greenwich, Conn., to Gertrude and Ronald Watson. She graduated from Greenwich High School in 1948. In 1984, she moved to Ocala, with her husband. She was a member of the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program's Swat Team (seniors with available time). She volunteered at the Ocala Health & Rehabilitation and was member of the Moose Lodge.
Penn is survived by her sons, Russell (Deborah) of Greenwich, Conn., Richard and William, both of Ocala; four grandchildren; and two great-grandsons. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, William R. "Bob" Penn; son, Kenneth R. of Greenwich, Conn.; and sister, Dorothy Zygmont of Banksville, N.Y.
Calling hours are Saturday, June 14 from 8:30 to 10 a.m. at the Bosak Funeral Home, 453 Shippan Ave., Stamford with a funeral service at 10 a.m. Interment will follow at Putnam Cemetery, in Greenwich, Conn.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Hospice of Marion County, 3231 S.W. 34th Ave., Ocala, Fla 34474.
For more information, please visit: http://www.bosakfuneralhome.com
- 1 3 Greenwich High Football Assistants Quit After Head Coach Exits
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Greenwich, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Fire Engulfs Greenwich Home Friday Morning
- 4 Vince Camuto, 78, Legendary Greenwich Footwear Designer, Dies
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Greenwich With Snow, Ice In Forecast