GREENWICH, Conn. - Evelyn Comeau Lucashu of Greenwich died Friday, July 25. She was 88.
Lucashu was born Nov. 10, 1925, in Greenwich, to Philip R. Comeau and Helen Wettering Comeau. She was a lifetime resident of Greenwich and retired from the Stamford school system.
She was a longtime choir member of St Timothy's in Banksville as well as a member of the Ladies Guild. More recently, she served as a reader at Sacred Heart in Byram. She attended the Greenwich Seniors Center. She was active with the Senior Center singing group, The Greats.
Lucashu is survived by her son, John Lucashu of Durham; daughters, Joan Pritchard of Stamford, Nancy Lucashu, also of Stamford, and Evelyn Wirts of The Netherlands; and seven grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Edward Lucashu.
Calling hours are at 10 a.m. with a service to follow at 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at the Castiglione Funeral Home, 134 Hamilton Ave., Greenwich. She will be interred at Putnam Cemetery.
- 1 Teen Prostitute Charged With Falsely Reporting Rape In Greenwich
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenwich
- 3 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; Greenwich Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'