GREENWICH, Conn. - Eugene Edward Carey, a Greenwich resident for more than 50 years, died Monday, Feb. 3. He was 93.
Carey was born July 8, 1920, in Boston, son of John J. and Josephine H. Carey. He graduated from Boston Latin School and later attended Boston University.
He worked for many years in the outdoor power equipment industry. He owned Waterbury Equipment in 1976 and operated this business until his retirement in 1994.
He was a member of The Greenwich Skating Club, Innis Arden Golf Club and St. Catherine of Siena Church, where he was a parishioner for more than 50 years.
Carey is survived by his daughters, Cathie Healy (Matt) of Wilton and Trish Clark (Steve) of Old Greenwich; son, Jim Carey (Robin) of Riverside; and eight grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; and wife, Mary Carey.
Calling hours are Thursday, Feb. 6, from 4:30 to 8 p.m. at Leo P. Gallagher Funeral Home, 31 Arch St., Greenwich. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, Feb. 7, at St. Catherine of Siena Church in Riverside.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to St. Catherine of Siena Church, 4 Riverside Ave., Riverside, CT 06878.
For more information, please visit: http://www.leopgallaghergreenwich.com
- 1 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 2 Chipotle's Mexican Grill Expands With Second Location In Greenwich
- 3 Former Controller Of Greenwich Hedge Fund Admits Embezzling $9 Million
- 4 Greenwich Boasts Several Elementary Schools Among Connecticut's Best
- 5 Greenwich Ranks As 7th Most Expensive Housing Market In U.S.