STAMFORD, Conn. – Ethel B. Fox of Stamford and formerly of Greenwich died Feb. 7, 22 days after the death of her husband of 68 years, William Fox. She was 91.
Born Jan. 30, 1922, in Brooklyn, N.Y., Ethel was the daughter of Ethel (Murphy) and James Brennan. A singer and musician, she graduated from the High School of Music and Art in New York City.
She also studied music at Seton Hall University and Hunter College. She met her husband during World War II. They were married on May 3, 1944 at Our Lady's Chapel in St. Patrick's Cathedral.
They moved to Stamford in the late 1940s and later to Old Greenwich and Greenwich before returning to Heatherwood in Stamford after her husband’s retirement. They maintained a home in Naples, Fla., where they traveled every winter.
She is survived by two children, Patty and Bill Jr.; two grandchildren; and many nieces, nephews and friends. She was predeceased by four sisters, Ethel, Dorothy, Joan and Pat.
Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Leo P. Gallagher and Son Funeral Home in Stamford. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Leo Church in Stamford.
- 1 3 Greenwich High Football Assistants Quit After Head Coach Exits
- 2 Fire Engulfs Greenwich Home Friday Morning
- 3 Greenwich Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 4 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Greenwich, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Greenwich With Snow, Ice In Forecast