GREENWICH, Conn. - Emma H. Tattar, a lifelong resident of the Byram section of Greenwich, died June 8. She was 100.
Tattar was born Feb. 8, 1914, to Stephan and Suzanne (Borik) Hinlicky in Greenwich. She graduated from Greenwich High School in 1932. She was a lifelong member of St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Byram and a founding member of the MaryMartha Guild group at the church.
Tattar is survived by her son, Terry A. Tattar (Donna San Juan); two grandchildren; and many nieces, nephews and cousins. She was predeceased by her husband, John M. Tattar; sister, Suzanne (Hinlicky) Dower; and brothers Paul Hinlicky and Steven Hinlicky.
Calling hours are Friday, June 13, from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Castiglione Funeral Home, 134 Hamilton Ave., Greenwich. Funeral services will be held at St. Paul's Lutheran Church , 286 Delavan Ave., Greenwich, at 10 a.m. Saturday, June 14. Interment will be at Greenwood Union Cemetery in Rye, N.Y., after the service.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Greenwich On Wednesday
- 2 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Judith Sheindlin ('Judge Judy')
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola