HINGHAM, Mass. - Elizabeth Kauffman Bush of Hingham, formerly of Greenwich, died Feb. 20. She was 91.
Bush was born June 19, 1922, in Annapolis, Md., to Vice Admiral and Mrs. James Laurence Kauffman. As a "Navy junior," she attended 14 different schools around the world.
After a year at the University of California at Berkeley, she and her mother joined her father in Washington, D.C. With the outbreak of World War II, the family moved to his headquarters in Miami, where she worked to help the wives of naval officers find housing. In 1948, the family moved to Greenwich. She was a member of Christ Church, the Greenwich Committee for Carver Center in Port Chester and Family ReEntry in Norwalk.
Bush is survived by her daughter, Kelsey Bush-Nadeau of Yarmouth, Maine; son, James (Sue) Bush of Hingham; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Prescott S. Bush, Jr.; and son, Prescott S. Bush. Her brother-in-law, former President George H.W. Bush, is also among her survivors.
A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. March 20 at Christ Church in Greenwich.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Family ReEntry, Norwalk.
- 1 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 2 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Greenwich Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 Hundreds Pay Respects To Slain Harrison Sisters During Calling Hours
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48