HINGHAM, Mass. - Elizabeth Kauffman Bush of Hingham, formerly of Greenwich, died Feb. 20. She was 91.
Bush was born June 19, 1922, in Annapolis, Md., to Vice Admiral and Mrs. James Laurence Kauffman. As a "Navy junior," she attended 14 different schools around the world.
After a year at the University of California at Berkeley, she and her mother joined her father in Washington, D.C. With the outbreak of World War II, the family moved to his headquarters in Miami, where she worked to help the wives of naval officers find housing. In 1948, the family moved to Greenwich. She was a member of Christ Church, the Greenwich Committee for Carver Center in Port Chester and Family ReEntry in Norwalk.
Bush is survived by her daughter, Kelsey Bush-Nadeau of Yarmouth, Maine; son, James (Sue) Bush of Hingham; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Prescott S. Bush, Jr.; and son, Prescott S. Bush. Her brother-in-law, former President George H.W. Bush, is also among her survivors.
A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. March 20 at Christ Church in Greenwich.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Family ReEntry, Norwalk.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 3 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Greenwich
- 4 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters