HINGHAM, Mass. - Elizabeth Kauffman Bush of Hingham, formerly of Greenwich, died Feb. 20. She was 91.
Bush was born June 19, 1922, in Annapolis, Md., to Vice Admiral and Mrs. James Laurence Kauffman. As a "Navy junior," she attended 14 different schools around the world.
After a year at the University of California at Berkeley, she and her mother joined her father in Washington, D.C. With the outbreak of World War II, the family moved to his headquarters in Miami, where she worked to help the wives of naval officers find housing. In 1948, the family moved to Greenwich. She was a member of Christ Church, the Greenwich Committee for Carver Center in Port Chester and Family ReEntry in Norwalk.
Bush is survived by her daughter, Kelsey Bush-Nadeau of Yarmouth, Maine; son, James (Sue) Bush of Hingham; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Prescott S. Bush, Jr.; and son, Prescott S. Bush. Her brother-in-law, former President George H.W. Bush, is also among her survivors.
A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. March 20 at Christ Church in Greenwich.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Family ReEntry, Norwalk.
- 1 Westport Schools: Greenwich ‘Jumped the Gun’ On New Staples Principal
- 2 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 3 Obama To Make Fundraising Stop In Stamford
- 4 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says
- 5 Beware Of Delays On Merritt In Greenwich During Obama's Visit