PALM BEACH, Fla. - Elizabeth "Betty" Byrne Biedler of Palm Beach, formerly of Greenwich, died Tuesday, July 1. She was 104.
Biedler was born June 4, 1910, in Philadelphia, and she lived in Philadelphia for 40 years until her move to Greenwich in 1949. She resided in Greenwich for 60 years relocating to The Carlisle in Palm Beach in 2010. While in Greenwich, she was active in numerous civic organizations including the Women's Republican Club, The Garden Club, Second Congregational Church and the Greenwich Hospital. She was instrumental in the founding of the Greenwich Meals on Wheels program; and served as vice president and then president of the Women's Club of Greenwich in the 1970s. She was a member of the Women's Club until her move to Florida in 2010. She was also a member of Indian Harbor Yacht Club for over 35 years.
Biedler is survived by her niece, Elizabeth (Betsy) Utterback (James); nephew, Dennis Byrne (Laura Holman); two great nephews; a great niece; and a great great-nephew. She was predeceased by her husband, Ashby Lee; stepdaughter, Dr. June Lee Biedler; brothers, James F. Byrne and Dennis J. Byrne (Bernice L.).
A memorial service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 16 at Second Congregational Church in Greenwich.
- 1 Greenwich Part Of Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Greenwich Man Faces Cruelty Charge After Kicking His Dog
- 3 Teen Prostitute Charged With Falsely Reporting Rape In Greenwich
- 4 Woman Faces DUI Charge After Driving Car With Blown Tires In Greenwich
- 5 Greenwich Native Earns Field Hockey All-Region Honors