FAIRFAX, Va. - Elizabeth Ann Schwimmer of Fairfax, formerly of Greenwich, died Jan. 27. She was 81.
Schwimmer was a resident of Greenwich for 78 years before she relocated to Virginia in 2011 to be close to her daughter and son-in-law.
She graduated from Greenwich High School in 1950 and completed her nursing degree at New Rochelle Hospital School of Nursing in 1953.
She was a member of Christ Church Greenwich where she served on the vestry, altar guild and as a volunteer in the church bookstore. She was also a participant and longtime member of The Belle Haven Club of Greenwich.
Schwimmer is survived by her children, Randy (Jennifer), Amy (Craig), and Reed (Sarah); seven grandchildren; one great-grandchild; and brother, Kenneth (Barbara). She was predeceased by her husband, Dr. Robert R. Schwimmer; and parents, Esther and Sivert Sundblad.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, March 15, at Christ Church Greenwich to celebrate Schwimmer's life.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 3 Some Of The Best Pizza In Connecticut Is Found In Greenwich
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Greenwich Overnight