GREENWICH, Conn. – Eleanor D. Hannigan of Greenwich and South Harwich, Mass., died Dec. 12 of complications from a recent stroke. She was 80.
Hannigan was born Oct. 20, 1932, in the Bronx, N.Y., to John F. and Eleanor Merle Donlon. She attended Academy of Mount St. Ursula and the College of New Rochelle. Along with her husband, Hannigan was a principal broker of Gateway Leasing Systems in Yonkers, N.Y., and then in Greenwich, from 1971 to 2001.
A member of Greenwich Garden Club, Hannigan enjoyed reading, crossword puzzles, jigsaw puzzles and spending summers on Cape Cod.
She is survived by her husband of 58 years, Michael J Hannigan; four children, Michael, Steve and Bob Hannigan and Jean Moran; three daughters-in-law: Lorraine, Wanda and Jeanne; a son-in-law, Marty Moran; and eight grandchildren.
Hannigan is also survived by a sister, Carol Nealon; two brothers, Jack and Hugh Donlon; two sisters-in-law, Helen and Irene; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Visitation is 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Leo P. Gallagher and Son Funeral Home in Greenwich. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Michael's Church in Greenwich, with a reception to follow. Burial will be private.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 UBS Parade Rises Again In Stamford On Sunday
- 4 Greenwich's Convent Of The Sacred Heart Celebrates Construction Milestone
- 5 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo