GREENWICH, Conn. - Eleanor Angotto of Greenwich died Tuesday, Feb. 11. She was 85.
Angotto was born May 17, 1928, in Greenwich, to Eugene and Angelina (Montimurro) Patrizi. She worked as a secretary in the law offices of Hirschberg, Pettengill & Strong of Greenwich. In her later years, she returned to the work force with jobs at Thrush Press in Stamford and in the payroll department for the Board of Education of the Town of Greenwich until her retirement.
Angotto is survived by her sons, Gary (Linda) of Norwalk, Chris (Anna) of Greenwich, Terry (Darlene) of Stamford, Jeffrey of Greenwich, and Eric (Deborah) of Fairfield; nine grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Anthony Angotto; sisters, Rosina Gattuso and Mildred Mendrys; and two granddaughters.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 14 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Lacerenza Funeral Home & Cremation Services, 8 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 15 at St. Catherine of Siena Church, 4 Riverside Ave., Riverside. Entombment will follow at Putnam Cemetery, Parsonage Road, Greenwich.
In lieu of flowers, donations in Angotto’s name may be made to Regency Heights, 53 Courtland Ave., Stamford, CT 06902.
- 1 3 Greenwich High Football Assistants Quit After Head Coach Exits
- 2 Fire Engulfs Greenwich Home Friday Morning
- 3 Greenwich Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 4 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Greenwich, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Greenwich With Snow, Ice In Forecast