GREENWICH, Conn. - Edgar Owen Bottler of Greenwich died March 1. He was 90.
Bottler was born Nov. 6, 1923, in Bartlesville, Okla. He grew up in Tulsa, Okla., and graduated from Rice University in 1944 with a degree in chemical engineering.
He served in the Navy in World War II and then earned his law degree from the University of Texas. He practiced law in Houston, Texas, for many years, as assistant U.S. attorney under Malcolm Wilkey, and then as general counsel to the Columbia Oil and Gas Co.
He moved to Greenwich in 1963. Shortly thereafter, he began his long career as vice president and general counsel to the Continental Group.
Bottler is survived by his daughters, Claire McKean of Greenwich and Carolyn Bottler of Austin, Texas; and two grandsons.
Memorial service will be private.
- 1 Westport Schools: Greenwich ‘Jumped the Gun’ On New Staples Principal
- 2 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 3 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 4 Greenwich Student Hit By Car Near Central Middle School
- 5 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party