GREENWICH, Conn. - Dorothy V. Karrel of Greenwich died March 19. She was 95.
Karrel was born in New York City in 1919, she was raised in New Haven and was a graduate of the New Rochelle Nursing School. She was a resident of Greenwich for 57 years and a member of Christ Church.
Karrel is survived by her daughter, Donna Holden (Peter) of Duxbury, Mass.; sons, Douglas Karrel (Ruthie) of Adams, Mass., Dean Karrel (Debra) of River Vale, N.J.; nine grandchildren; five great grandchildren; sister, Helen Danehy (Joseph) of West Haven; and sister-in-law, Georgia Buckholz. She was predeceased by her husband, Daniel G Karrel; and brother, Charles.
Calling hours are Friday, March 21 from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Fred D. Knapp & Son Funeral Home, 267 Greenwich Ave., Greenwich. Services will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 22 in the Chapel at Christ Church, 254 East Putnam Ave., Greenwich.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to one of Karrel's favorite charities: Meals on Wheels, 89 Maple Ave, Greenwich, 06830, Neighbor to Neighbor 248, East Putnam Ave., Greenwich 06830, or the Harlem Academy, 1330 Fifth Avenue, NY NY 10026.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenwich
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Crumbs Makes A Cupcake Comeback In Greenwich
- 5 Greenwich Family Raises Record-Breaking $50,000 For Alzheimer’s Association