GREENWICH, Conn. - Donna Stempien, a lifelong resident of Greenwich, died May 22. She was 61.
Stempien was born Dec. 29, 1952, to Grace (Tropiano) and Anthony Catalano. She graduated from St. Mary's in 1970 and Stonehill College in 1974. She worked for Arnold Bakery and the family business, J. Catalano & Sons.
Stempien is survived by her son, Michael Stempien; daughter, Sarah Stempien, mother, Grace Catalano; brother, Joseph (Susan) Catalano; sister, Toni Jean (Bruno) Minichino; and nieces, nephews, a great-niece, great-nephews and many aunts, uncles; and cousins. She was predeceased by her father, Anthony J. Catalano.
Calling hours are Tuesday, May 27, from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Castiglione Funeral Home, 134 Hamilton Ave., Greenwich. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, May 28, at Sacred Heart Church in Byram. Interment will follow at St. Mary Cemetery in Rye Brook, N.Y.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Stempien’s name to the Greenwich Hospital Foundation, 35 River Road, Cos Cob, CT 06807.
- 1 3 Greenwich High Football Assistants Quit After Head Coach Exits
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Greenwich, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Fire Engulfs Greenwich Home Friday Morning
- 4 Vince Camuto, 78, Legendary Greenwich Footwear Designer, Dies
- 5 Greenwich Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard