GREENWICH, Conn. - Donna Stempien, a lifelong resident of Greenwich, died May 22. She was 61.
Stempien was born Dec. 29, 1952, to Grace (Tropiano) and Anthony Catalano. She graduated from St. Mary's in 1970 and Stonehill College in 1974. She worked for Arnold Bakery and the family business, J. Catalano & Sons.
Stempien is survived by her son, Michael Stempien; daughter, Sarah Stempien, mother, Grace Catalano; brother, Joseph (Susan) Catalano; sister, Toni Jean (Bruno) Minichino; and nieces, nephews, a great-niece, great-nephews and many aunts, uncles; and cousins. She was predeceased by her father, Anthony J. Catalano.
Calling hours are Tuesday, May 27, from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Castiglione Funeral Home, 134 Hamilton Ave., Greenwich. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, May 28, at Sacred Heart Church in Byram. Interment will follow at St. Mary Cemetery in Rye Brook, N.Y.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Stempien’s name to the Greenwich Hospital Foundation, 35 River Road, Cos Cob, CT 06807.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 3 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Greenwich
- 5 Jupiter, Venus Forming Unusual Sight In Greenwich Sky