GREENWICH, Conn. - Catherine Elizabeth Byrne (nee Gallagher) of Greenwich died Jan. 6. She was 89.
Byrne was born Aug. 23, 1924, in Philadelphia, to Patrick Francis and Elizabeth Gallagher (nee McCormack), both from County Derry, Ireland. She volunteered at the Greenwich Hospital and coordinated with the local Annual Girl Scout Cookie Drive. In her later years she resided at The Mews in Greenwich.
Byrne is survived by her children, Peter Jr., Patricia, Karen, Michael and Thomas; three grandsons; extended family; and friends.
There will be no calling hours. A celebration of her life to be announced at a future date.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Connecticut Playmakers at http://www.ctplaymakers.org.
For more information, please visit: http://www.leopgallaghergreenwich.com
- 1 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 2 Record Numbers Turn Out As Greenwich Throws Its Biggest Party
- 3 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 4 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 5 Greenwich Educator Drops Out Of Race For Principal At Staples