GREENWICH, Conn. - Catherine Elizabeth Byrne (nee Gallagher) of Greenwich died Jan. 6. She was 89.
Byrne was born Aug. 23, 1924, in Philadelphia, to Patrick Francis and Elizabeth Gallagher (nee McCormack), both from County Derry, Ireland. She volunteered at the Greenwich Hospital and coordinated with the local Annual Girl Scout Cookie Drive. In her later years she resided at The Mews in Greenwich.
Byrne is survived by her children, Peter Jr., Patricia, Karen, Michael and Thomas; three grandsons; extended family; and friends.
There will be no calling hours. A celebration of her life to be announced at a future date.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Connecticut Playmakers at http://www.ctplaymakers.org.
For more information, please visit: http://www.leopgallaghergreenwich.com
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenwich
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Greenwich Family Raises Record-Breaking $50,000 For Alzheimer’s Association
- 5 Greenwich Could See Light Snow Overnight Into Sunday