GREENWICH, Conn. - Catherine Elizabeth Byrne (nee Gallagher) of Greenwich died Jan. 6. She was 89.
Byrne was born Aug. 23, 1924, in Philadelphia, to Patrick Francis and Elizabeth Gallagher (nee McCormack), both from County Derry, Ireland. She volunteered at the Greenwich Hospital and coordinated with the local Annual Girl Scout Cookie Drive. In her later years she resided at The Mews in Greenwich.
Byrne is survived by her children, Peter Jr., Patricia, Karen, Michael and Thomas; three grandsons; extended family; and friends.
There will be no calling hours. A celebration of her life to be announced at a future date.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Connecticut Playmakers at http://www.ctplaymakers.org.
For more information, please visit: http://www.leopgallaghergreenwich.com
- 1 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 2 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists
- 5 Billionaire Mario Gabelli Sells Greenwich Home For $10.3 Million