GREENWICH, Conn. - Catherine Elizabeth Byrne (nee Gallagher) of Greenwich died Jan. 6. She was 89.
Byrne was born Aug. 23, 1924, in Philadelphia, to Patrick Francis and Elizabeth Gallagher (nee McCormack), both from County Derry, Ireland. She volunteered at the Greenwich Hospital and coordinated with the local Annual Girl Scout Cookie Drive. In her later years she resided at The Mews in Greenwich.
Byrne is survived by her children, Peter Jr., Patricia, Karen, Michael and Thomas; three grandsons; extended family; and friends.
There will be no calling hours. A celebration of her life to be announced at a future date.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Connecticut Playmakers at http://www.ctplaymakers.org.
For more information, please visit: http://www.leopgallaghergreenwich.com
- 1 Greenwich Mogul Shakes Up Art World With Sale Of Magazine, Merger
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Moving Truck Gets Wedged Under Metro-North Train Bridge In Greenwich
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Greenwich
- 5 Two Elderly Greenwich Women Robbed In Fake Worker Scams