GREENWICH, Conn. - Catherine Elizabeth Byrne (nee Gallagher) of Greenwich died Jan. 6. She was 89.
Byrne was born Aug. 23, 1924, in Philadelphia, to Patrick Francis and Elizabeth Gallagher (nee McCormack), both from County Derry, Ireland. She volunteered at the Greenwich Hospital and coordinated with the local Annual Girl Scout Cookie Drive. In her later years she resided at The Mews in Greenwich.
Byrne is survived by her children, Peter Jr., Patricia, Karen, Michael and Thomas; three grandsons; extended family; and friends.
There will be no calling hours. A celebration of her life to be announced at a future date.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Connecticut Playmakers at http://www.ctplaymakers.org.
For more information, please visit: http://www.leopgallaghergreenwich.com
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Chance Of Snow Returns To Greenwich Overnight
- 5 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison