GREENWICH, Conn. – Boris Sokoloff Jr., a former Greenwich resident, died Dec. 8, while under hospice care at Brighton Gardens in Stamford. He was 88.
Born July 20, 1924, in Nice, France, he was the son of Boris Sokoloff Sr. and Marie Komarova Sokoloff, as well as brother of Kiril Sokoloff. He graduated from Princeton University's Woodrow Wilson School of International Affairs and the Columbia University School of Public Law and Government.
Sokoloff had a distinguished career with Union Carbide and served as chairman for Union Carbide Middle East and Africa before retiring in 1984. He was married to Joan Sokoloff for 62 years. Together, they traveled the world, residing in Greece, Switzerland, Morocco and Greenwich.
He is survived by two children, Alexander (Peggy) and Katherine; three grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his wife.
Burial took place Wednesday at Putnam Cemetery in Greenwich. Leo P. Gallagher and Son Funeral Home handled the arrangements.
- 1 Greenwich Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Greenwich
- 4 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Greenwich
- 5 Separate I-95 Accidents Take Out Lanes Near Connecticut Border