TRUMBULL, Conn. - Barbara A. van Zyl of Trumbull and Palm Coast, Fla., died Dec. 2. She was 72.
Van Zyl was born Dec. 4, 1940, in Capetown, South Africa; daughter of Donald and Maureen Miller Thompson. She was a retired secretary for the Greenwich School System.
She is survived by her husband, Peter A. van Zyl; children, Nicola Callahan (David) of Fairfield, David van Zyl (Lisa) of Trumbull and Rodney van Zyl of Charlottesville, Va.; and five grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents.
A Memorial Service will be held Thursday, Dec. 5 at 11 a.m., in Grace Episcopal Church, 5958 Main St., Trumbull, with the Rev. David Pople, officiating. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Bridgeport Hospital Foundation, 267 Grant St., Bridgeport, CT 06610.
For more information, please visit www.redgatehennessy.com
- 1 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 2 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 5 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Greenwich