TRUMBULL, Conn. - Barbara A. van Zyl of Trumbull and Palm Coast, Fla., died Dec. 2. She was 72.
Van Zyl was born Dec. 4, 1940, in Capetown, South Africa; daughter of Donald and Maureen Miller Thompson. She was a retired secretary for the Greenwich School System.
She is survived by her husband, Peter A. van Zyl; children, Nicola Callahan (David) of Fairfield, David van Zyl (Lisa) of Trumbull and Rodney van Zyl of Charlottesville, Va.; and five grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents.
A Memorial Service will be held Thursday, Dec. 5 at 11 a.m., in Grace Episcopal Church, 5958 Main St., Trumbull, with the Rev. David Pople, officiating. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Bridgeport Hospital Foundation, 267 Grant St., Bridgeport, CT 06610.
For more information, please visit www.redgatehennessy.com
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 UBS Parade Rises Again In Stamford On Sunday
- 4 Greenwich's Convent Of The Sacred Heart Celebrates Construction Milestone
- 5 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo