GREENWICH, Conn. – Barbara Smith-Reid, a resident of Nathaniel Witherell in Greenwich and Jelliff Mill Road in New Canaan, died Aug. 27. She was 90.
Born April 9, 1922, Smith-Reid was a former 39-year resident of Old Greenwich, where she was a member of St. Catherine of Siena Church. She served as a nurse's aide at Stamford Hospital during World War II. She was a founder of the Archeology Club and assistant to the director of "Archaeology as an Avocation" at Norwalk Community College.
She was also a founder "Antiquity in your Backyard," a traveling archaeology school program for students in Fairfield County and a teacher in nursery schools in Stamford, Darien and New Canaan.
A memorial service for family members will be scheduled at a future date.
- 1 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 2 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Greenwich
- 5 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place