GREENWICH, Conn. – Barbara Smith-Reid, a resident of Nathaniel Witherell in Greenwich and Jelliff Mill Road in New Canaan, died Aug. 27. She was 90.
Born April 9, 1922, Smith-Reid was a former 39-year resident of Old Greenwich, where she was a member of St. Catherine of Siena Church. She served as a nurse's aide at Stamford Hospital during World War II. She was a founder of the Archeology Club and assistant to the director of "Archaeology as an Avocation" at Norwalk Community College.
She was also a founder "Antiquity in your Backyard," a traveling archaeology school program for students in Fairfield County and a teacher in nursery schools in Stamford, Darien and New Canaan.
A memorial service for family members will be scheduled at a future date.
- 1 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 2 Record Numbers Turn Out As Greenwich Throws Its Biggest Party
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Greenwich Comes Out To Party With Doobie Brothers, Earth Wind & Fire