GREENWICH, Conn. – Barbara Smith-Reid, a resident of Nathaniel Witherell in Greenwich and Jelliff Mill Road in New Canaan, died Aug. 27. She was 90.
Born April 9, 1922, Smith-Reid was a former 39-year resident of Old Greenwich, where she was a member of St. Catherine of Siena Church. She served as a nurse's aide at Stamford Hospital during World War II. She was a founder of the Archeology Club and assistant to the director of "Archaeology as an Avocation" at Norwalk Community College.
She was also a founder "Antiquity in your Backyard," a traveling archaeology school program for students in Fairfield County and a teacher in nursery schools in Stamford, Darien and New Canaan.
A memorial service for family members will be scheduled at a future date.
- 1 Greenwich Police: Two Men Assaulted, Robbed In 'Ferocious' Street Attack
- 2 Box Truck Fire Closes East Putnam Avenue In Greenwich
- 3 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Female Danbury High Teacher Is Charged With Sexual Assault Of Male Student