GREENWICH, Conn. – Barbara Smith-Reid, a resident of Nathaniel Witherell in Greenwich and Jelliff Mill Road in New Canaan, died Aug. 27. She was 90.
Born April 9, 1922, Smith-Reid was a former 39-year resident of Old Greenwich, where she was a member of St. Catherine of Siena Church. She served as a nurse's aide at Stamford Hospital during World War II. She was a founder of the Archeology Club and assistant to the director of "Archaeology as an Avocation" at Norwalk Community College.
She was also a founder "Antiquity in your Backyard," a traveling archaeology school program for students in Fairfield County and a teacher in nursery schools in Stamford, Darien and New Canaan.
A memorial service for family members will be scheduled at a future date.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Greenwich Triathlete Heads To Vermont With Hopeful, Heavy Heart
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Greenwich
- 5 Sales Fall, But Average Home Price Climbs 31% In Greenwich