STAMFORD, Conn. - Anna Fagiolo of Stamford died Sept. 1. She was 90.
Fagiolo was born in New Haven, to Antonio and Antonetta DeMichele. She was a graduate of New Haven State Teachers College with a B.S. Degree in 1946 and a Masters in Remedial Reading in 1949 from the Boston University School of Education. She taught in the Milford, New Haven, and Greenwich Public Schools. She was a resident of Stamford for over 59 years.
Fagiolo is survived by her daughters, Marguerite (James T.) Hastings of Fairfield and Catherine Fagiolo (Michael) Schmahl of Fair Oaks, Calif.; two grandsons; nephews; and many great-nieces and great-nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Remo Fagiolo; siblings Josephina, Rose, Theresa, Dominic, Lawrence, Laura, and Americo.
Calling hours are Friday, Sept. 5 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home, 50 Reef Road in Fairfield Center. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday, Sept. 6 at 9:30 a.m. directly at St. Luke Church in Westport. Interment will follow in St. Lawrence Cemetery in West Haven.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Fagiolo's memory to Masonicare Home Health & Hospice, 535 Connecticut Avenue, Suite 101, Norwalk, CT 06854.
For more information, please visit: http://www.shaughnesseybanks.com
- 1 Greenwich Part Of Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Greenwich Cheese Shop Offers Taste Tests, Cut-To Order Selections
- 3 Former Greenwich Resident On New Bravo Docu-Series 'Friends To Lovers?'
- 4 Greenwich Man Faces Cruelty Charge After Kicking His Dog
- 5 Woman Faces DUI Charge After Driving Car With Blown Tires In Greenwich