STAMFORD, Conn. - Anna Fagiolo of Stamford died Sept. 1. She was 90.
Fagiolo was born in New Haven, to Antonio and Antonetta DeMichele. She was a graduate of New Haven State Teachers College with a B.S. Degree in 1946 and a Masters in Remedial Reading in 1949 from the Boston University School of Education. She taught in the Milford, New Haven, and Greenwich Public Schools. She was a resident of Stamford for over 59 years.
Fagiolo is survived by her daughters, Marguerite (James T.) Hastings of Fairfield and Catherine Fagiolo (Michael) Schmahl of Fair Oaks, Calif.; two grandsons; nephews; and many great-nieces and great-nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Remo Fagiolo; siblings Josephina, Rose, Theresa, Dominic, Lawrence, Laura, and Americo.
Calling hours are Friday, Sept. 5 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home, 50 Reef Road in Fairfield Center. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday, Sept. 6 at 9:30 a.m. directly at St. Luke Church in Westport. Interment will follow in St. Lawrence Cemetery in West Haven.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Fagiolo's memory to Masonicare Home Health & Hospice, 535 Connecticut Avenue, Suite 101, Norwalk, CT 06854.
For more information, please visit: http://www.shaughnesseybanks.com
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 3 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Greenwich
- 5 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place