BONITA BAY, Fla. - Anna Elizabeth Crowder Weeks, of Bonita Bay, formerly of Greenwich, died recently. She was 96.
Weeks was born March 6, 1918, in Easton, Pa., to Jennie Stryker Crowder and Harry Nicholas Crowder Jr. She attended public schools in Easton and graduated in 1937 from National Park College in Forest Glen, Md. She enlisted in the army in 1943 and was stationed at Langley Air Force Base at Langley Field, Va. In 1990, she moved with her family from Greenwich, Conn., and Dorset, Vt., to Bonita Bay. She was a member of the Indian Harbor Yacht Club and The Bonita Bay Club.
Weeks is survived by her daughters, Barrett Elizabeth Betschart, of Palm Springs, Calif., and Harriet Perry Johnston of Greenwich; sons, Peter Quintard Weeks, of Bluemont, Va., and Nicholas Crowder Weeks of San Anselmo, Calif.; and five grandchildren and a great-granddaughter. She was predeceased by her husband, P. Shelton Weeks Jr.; and son, Mitchell Shelton Weeks.
A service of celebration will be held in Weeks’ honor on Friday, Aug. 8, at 5:30 p.m. at Stanwich Church in Greenwich. She will be interred in the family plot in Oyster Bay, N.Y.
- 1 Teen Prostitute Charged With Falsely Reporting Rape In Greenwich
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenwich
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; Greenwich Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk