COS COB, Conn. - Angelina "Ange" (Meringolo) Perna of Cos Cob died March 13. She was 89.
Perna was a lifelong Greenwich resident. In addition to being a homemaker, she was a nursery school teacher at Christ Church in Greenwich and a volunteer at Greenwich Hospital.
Perna is survived by her daughter, Jane; sons, Joseph and Michael; brothers, Anthony Meringolo and Frank Meringolo; sisters, Phoebe Zagorianos and Elaine Kalata; daughters-in-law, Constance and Joanie; and five grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Albert "Herb"; and sister, Josephine Lynch.
Calling hours are Tuesday, March 18, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Gallagher Funeral Home in Greenwich. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Wednesday, March 19, at St. Agnes Church, Greenwich.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in the memory of Ange M. Perna to Greenwich Hospital c/o Greenwich Hospital Foundation Office, 35 River Road, Cos Cob, CT.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Greenwich On Wednesday
- 2 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists