COS COB, Conn. - Angelina "Ange" (Meringolo) Perna of Cos Cob died March 13. She was 89.
Perna was a lifelong Greenwich resident. In addition to being a homemaker, she was a nursery school teacher at Christ Church in Greenwich and a volunteer at Greenwich Hospital.
Perna is survived by her daughter, Jane; sons, Joseph and Michael; brothers, Anthony Meringolo and Frank Meringolo; sisters, Phoebe Zagorianos and Elaine Kalata; daughters-in-law, Constance and Joanie; and five grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Albert "Herb"; and sister, Josephine Lynch.
Calling hours are Tuesday, March 18, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Gallagher Funeral Home in Greenwich. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Wednesday, March 19, at St. Agnes Church, Greenwich.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in the memory of Ange M. Perna to Greenwich Hospital c/o Greenwich Hospital Foundation Office, 35 River Road, Cos Cob, CT.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 3 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Greenwich
- 4 Jupiter, Venus Forming Unusual Sight In Greenwich Sky
- 5 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place