RIDGEFIELD, Conn. - Alun H. Jones of Ridgefield, formerly of Greenwich, died April 30. He was 83.
Jones was born June 15, 1930, in Wales, United Kingdom. He was raised in Banbury, England and later lived in Toronto, Canada; Greenwich and Santa Monica, Calif., before settling in Ridgefield in 1997. He graduated from Magdalen College and was certified as a chartered accountant in the U.K. He was the former chief financial officer of the J. Walter Thompson advertising agency; executive vice president of the Olympia & York property development company and president of the Phase One advertising research firm in Los Angeles. In retirement, he was involved with the World Monuments Fund and was an arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association and FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Association). He volunteered for the Ridgefield Library.
Jones is survived by his wife, Patricia (Coughlan) Jones; sons David (Karen Johnston) Jones of San Antonio, Texas; Michael (partner, Richard B. Hodos) of New York, N.Y.; Patrick (Julia) Jones of Fayetteville, N.Y.; and four grandsons: Kevin, Dylan, Jackson and Jeremy.
Services were private.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Ridgefield Library, 472 Main St., Ridgefield, CT 06877 or online at http://www.ridgefieldlibrary.org/
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Greenwich On Wednesday
- 2 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Judith Sheindlin ('Judge Judy')
- 5 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists