RIDGEFIELD, Conn. - Alun H. Jones of Ridgefield, formerly of Greenwich, died April 30. He was 83.
Jones was born June 15, 1930, in Wales, United Kingdom. He was raised in Banbury, England and later lived in Toronto, Canada; Greenwich and Santa Monica, Calif., before settling in Ridgefield in 1997. He graduated from Magdalen College and was certified as a chartered accountant in the U.K. He was the former chief financial officer of the J. Walter Thompson advertising agency; executive vice president of the Olympia & York property development company and president of the Phase One advertising research firm in Los Angeles. In retirement, he was involved with the World Monuments Fund and was an arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association and FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Association). He volunteered for the Ridgefield Library.
Jones is survived by his wife, Patricia (Coughlan) Jones; sons David (Karen Johnston) Jones of San Antonio, Texas; Michael (partner, Richard B. Hodos) of New York, N.Y.; Patrick (Julia) Jones of Fayetteville, N.Y.; and four grandsons: Kevin, Dylan, Jackson and Jeremy.
Services were private.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Ridgefield Library, 472 Main St., Ridgefield, CT 06877 or online at http://www.ridgefieldlibrary.org/
- 1 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 2 Record Numbers Turn Out As Greenwich Throws Its Biggest Party
- 3 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 4 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 5 Greenwich Educator Drops Out Of Race For Principal At Staples