BROOKFIELD, Conn. - Allen S. Gramlich of Brookfield, formerly of Greenwich, died Jan. 11. He was 81.
Gramlich was born in Mt. Kisco, N.Y. and raised in Greenwich; son of John S. and Clara J. (Stewart) Gramlich. He attended public schools in Greenwich and served in the U.S. Army from 1953 to 1955. After discharge from the army, he was employed by the Putnam Cemetery Association for 30 years and the Millbrook Country Club for 13 years.
Gramlich is survived by his wife, Margarete; daughters, Mary Pappas (Constantine) of Southbury, Peggy Corbin (Perry) of Columbia, S.C.; sons, Allen S. Jr. (Ellen) of Greenwich, David C. (Martie) of Ridgefield and Timothy E. (Karen) of Lehigh Acres, Fla.; several nieces and nephews; nine grandchildren; and three great grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
A private burial service will be held on a future date at the Central Cemetery in Brookfield.
- 1 Greenwich Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Greenwich Businessmen Make Forbes Billionaire List
- 3 Separate I-95 Accidents Take Out Lanes Near Connecticut Border
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Greenwich
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48