GREENWICH, Conn. - Alice Rosalind Mason, formerly of Greenwich, died Wednesday, May 21. She was 87.
Mason was born March 31, 1927, in Port Chester, N.Y., she was the daughter of Rosalind and George Moore. She graduated from Greenwich High School in Greenwich and the Katharine Gibbs Business School in New York City and worked in the city for several years. She lived in Greenwich until 1989. In addition to raising a family in Greenwich, she worked in various capacities, including for the Town of Greenwich Commission on Aging. She was also a longtime member of the Port Chester, N.Y., Presbyterian Church and a Girl Scout leader. After retirement to Maine, she became a community volunteer and a member of the First Parish Congregational Church in Freeport and the Freeport Woman's Club. She later attended and sang in the choir of the Mid-Coast Presbyterian Church in Topsham, Maine.
Mason is survived by her daughter, Rosalind Harris of Danbury; son-in-law, Richard Osann (Rosemary) of Buxton, Maine.; and four grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Gerald; and daughter, Ann Mason-Osann.
A memorial service will be held at the Mason home on Flying Point during the summer. Graveside services will be private, with burial in Flying Point Cemetery, Freeport, Maine.
For more information, please visit: http://www.munsonloveterefuneralhome.com
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 3 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Greenwich
- 4 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose