GREENWICH, Conn. - Alfred Hess of Greenwich died Saturday, July 26. He was 86.
Hess was born April 18, 1928, in Formmern, Germany, the son of Marie and Andreas Hess.
He came to the United States in 1954 and worked for Froelich Cabinet Works as an architectural woodworker for 33 years. A Greenwich resident since 1966, he was a member of the German American Singing Society and the White Plains Ski Club for 54 years.
Hess is survived by his wife, Rita Hess; son, George Hess; and three grandchildren.
Calling hours are Thursday, July 31, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Castiglione Funeral Home 134 Hamilton Ave., Greenwich. There will be a short service Friday, Aug. 1, at 10 a.m. followed by the burial at St. Mary's Cemetery, 35 Parsonage Road, Greenwich.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Arthritis Foundation.
- 1 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 4 Greenwich Will See Steady Rain Then Rapidly Falling Temps
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Greenwich