GREENWICH, Conn. - Alfred Hess of Greenwich died Saturday, July 26. He was 86.
Hess was born April 18, 1928, in Formmern, Germany, the son of Marie and Andreas Hess.
He came to the United States in 1954 and worked for Froelich Cabinet Works as an architectural woodworker for 33 years. A Greenwich resident since 1966, he was a member of the German American Singing Society and the White Plains Ski Club for 54 years.
Hess is survived by his wife, Rita Hess; son, George Hess; and three grandchildren.
Calling hours are Thursday, July 31, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Castiglione Funeral Home 134 Hamilton Ave., Greenwich. There will be a short service Friday, Aug. 1, at 10 a.m. followed by the burial at St. Mary's Cemetery, 35 Parsonage Road, Greenwich.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Arthritis Foundation.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenwich
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Crumbs Makes A Cupcake Comeback In Greenwich
- 5 Greenwich Family Raises Record-Breaking $50,000 For Alzheimer’s Association