GREENWICH, Conn. - Alfred Hess of Greenwich died Saturday, July 26. He was 86.
Hess was born April 18, 1928, in Formmern, Germany, the son of Marie and Andreas Hess.
He came to the United States in 1954 and worked for Froelich Cabinet Works as an architectural woodworker for 33 years. A Greenwich resident since 1966, he was a member of the German American Singing Society and the White Plains Ski Club for 54 years.
Hess is survived by his wife, Rita Hess; son, George Hess; and three grandchildren.
Calling hours are Thursday, July 31, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Castiglione Funeral Home 134 Hamilton Ave., Greenwich. There will be a short service Friday, Aug. 1, at 10 a.m. followed by the burial at St. Mary's Cemetery, 35 Parsonage Road, Greenwich.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Arthritis Foundation.
- 1 Greenwich Police Seek Help Finding Missing Teen Girl
- 2 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 3 Organizers Look To Premiere A New Kind Of Film Festival For Greenwich
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester