WILTON, Conn. -- Wilton Public Works will host its annual household hazardous waste collection day on Oct. 26, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The drop-off point will be Miller/Driscoll School, 214 Wolfpit Road, Wilton.
The event is open to households from the Towns of Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Norwalk, Stamford, Weston, Westport and Wilton only. Bring ID or proof of residency.
Items that can be recycled include chemicals such as gasoline, paint thinners, solvents, stains, turpentine, varnishes; outdoor items like fertilizers and pesticides, and general household items.
The following items are not acceptable: ammunition, flares, commercial hazardous waste.
- 1 Greenwich Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Greenwich Businessmen Make Forbes Billionaire List
- 3 Separate I-95 Accidents Take Out Lanes Near Connecticut Border
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Greenwich
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Greenwich