WILTON, Conn. -- Wilton Public Works will host its annual household hazardous waste collection day on Oct. 26, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The drop-off point will be Miller/Driscoll School, 214 Wolfpit Road, Wilton.
The event is open to households from the Towns of Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Norwalk, Stamford, Weston, Westport and Wilton only. Bring ID or proof of residency.
Items that can be recycled include chemicals such as gasoline, paint thinners, solvents, stains, turpentine, varnishes; outdoor items like fertilizers and pesticides, and general household items.
The following items are not acceptable: ammunition, flares, commercial hazardous waste.
- 1 Rye Brook Landlord Negotiates Settlement With D'Agostino's Supermarket
- 2 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station
- 3 Conyers Farm Home In Greenwich Hits Market For $65 Million
- 4 Moving Truck Gets Wedged Under Metro-North Train Bridge In Greenwich
- 5 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care