WILTON, Conn. -- Wilton Public Works will host its annual household hazardous waste collection day on Oct. 26, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The drop-off point will be Miller/Driscoll School, 214 Wolfpit Road, Wilton.
The event is open to households from the Towns of Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Norwalk, Stamford, Weston, Westport and Wilton only. Bring ID or proof of residency.
Items that can be recycled include chemicals such as gasoline, paint thinners, solvents, stains, turpentine, varnishes; outdoor items like fertilizers and pesticides, and general household items.
The following items are not acceptable: ammunition, flares, commercial hazardous waste.
- 1 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 2 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists
- 5 Billionaire Mario Gabelli Sells Greenwich Home For $10.3 Million