WILTON, Conn. -- Wilton Public Works will host its annual household hazardous waste collection day on Oct. 26, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The drop-off point will be Miller/Driscoll School, 214 Wolfpit Road, Wilton.
The event is open to households from the Towns of Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Norwalk, Stamford, Weston, Westport and Wilton only. Bring ID or proof of residency.
Items that can be recycled include chemicals such as gasoline, paint thinners, solvents, stains, turpentine, varnishes; outdoor items like fertilizers and pesticides, and general household items.
The following items are not acceptable: ammunition, flares, commercial hazardous waste.
- 1 Stamford Cops: Greenwich Woman Charged After Leaving Child In Locked Car
- 2 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 3 Greenwich Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy
- 5 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead