GREENWICH, Conn. - Heres a look at events happening in Greenwich this week, including government meetings and community happenings. See our events listings for more events.
Monday, June 25
- Nathaniel Witherell Board of Directors: 6 p.m. at Nathaniel Witherell Board Room, 70 Parsonage Road.
- Off-Beat Players Summer Auditions: 6 p.m. The troupe is having auditions for its summer musical comedy production of Urinetown at Arch Street Teen Center, 100 Arch St.
- Board of Health: 6:30 p.m. at Greenwich Town Hall Evaristo Room, 101 Field Point Road.
- Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Agency: 7 p.m. at Greenwich Town Hall Meeting Room, 101 Field Point Road.
- Byram Neighborhood Association: 7 p.m. St. Pauls Church, 84 Sherwood Ave.
Tuesday, June 26
- Planning & Zoning Commission: 7 p.m. at Greenwich Town Hall Meeting Room, 101 Field Point Road.
- Shakespeare on the Sound Romeo and Juliet Premiere: 7:30 p.m. at Roger Sherman Baldwin Park, 100 Arch St. Performances will continue through July 8, but no performances July 2 or July 4. Blankets are allowed to be placed in the parks beginning at 4 p.m. Picnics are welcome. Admission is free.
Wednesday, June 27
- Annual Republican Town Committee June Dinner Meeting: 6:30-9 p.m. at Innis Arden Golf Club, 120 Tomac Ave. Cash bar begins at 6:30 p.m., with dinner at 7:30 p.m., followed by the meeting and the awarding of two college scholarships. Admission is $50.
- Bob Button Orchestra Concert: 7:15-8:45 p.m. Department of Parks and Recreation presents the orchestra at Binney Park, Sound View Drive in Old Greenwich, as part of its Wednesday Nigh Summer Concert Series. Admission is free.
Thursday, June 28
- Greenwich Retirement Board: 8 a.m. Greenwich Town Hall Cone Room, 101 Field Point Road.
- Teen Summer Reading Kickoff with Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows: 2-4:45 p.m. The sequel to 2009s Sherlock Holmes film starring Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law, presented as part of Teen Summer Reading 2012 at the Greenwich Library, 101 W. Putnam Ave.
- Kitten Adoption Event at Choice Pet Supply: 5-8 p.m. at Choice Pet Supply, 80 East Putnam Avenue.
- Olympic Games Lecture Series: 7:30 p.m. Bud Greenspan and Cappy Productions Tribute Night at Bruce Museum, 1 Museum Drive. Free. Highlights and excerpts from Bud Greenspans amazing Olympic films will be screened with commentary from Cappy Productions Vice President and Executive Producer Nancy Beffa and others who worked with Greenspan. For reservations, call 203-869-0376 or email date and details to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.