GREENWICH, Conn. Jack and the Beanstalk, a Tree Walk, and jazz and big band concerts are some of the events planned for this weekend in Greenwich.
Friday, June 22
- Friends Friday Films Presents Rhapsody: 8 p.m. The 1954 film directed by Charles Vidor stars Elizabeth Taylor, Vittorio Gassman, John Ericson and Louis Calhem. Admission is free. Doors open at 7:40 p.m. at the Greenwich Library Cole Auditorium, 101 W. Putnam Ave.
- Stravinsky: The Soldiers Tale: 8 p.m. The production is presented by the Greenwich Music Festival, at Greenwich Academy, 200 N. Maple Ave. A musical fable about a man, a violin and a deal with the devil based on the original story by CF Ramuz and featuring the Deviant Septet playing music by Igor Stravinsky. Admission is free for students; $10 for Junior Board Members; $25 for seniors; $35 General Admission; and $50 Admission & VIP Reception.
- Greenwich Acoustic Music Circle Featuring Jesse Terry: 7 p.m. The circle is a friendly group of people who get together once a month to play and sing acoustic music in a group setting. All levels are welcome. Local singer-songwriter Jesse Terry will present a workshop on what it takes to become successful in the music business. The circle begins at 8 p.m. at First Congregational Church of Greenwich, 108 Sound Beach Ave. Admission is $10.
Saturday, June 23
- Jack and the Beanstalk Performance: 2 p.m. Crabgrass Puppet Theatre presents the classic tale as part of the Greenwich Librarys Dream Big Read Summer Reading Program at Greenwich Library Cole Auditorium, 101 W. Putnam Ave. Admission is free. Appropriate for ages 5 and up.
- Greenwich Tree Walk: 2:30-4:30 p.m. Greenwich Tree Conservancy presents its first Tree Walk led by Conservation Director Denise Savageau and Town Tree Warden Bruce Spaman at Great Captains Island. Meet at 100 Arch St. to ride the ferry. RSVP by email.
- Fairfield Counts Big Band Concert: 5-6:30 p.m. at Bendheim Western Greenwich Civic Center, 449 Pemberwick Road.
Sunday, June 24
- Greenwich Point Bicycle Tour: 1-3 p.m. The Greenwich Historical Societys Greenwich Point History on Wheels family bike tour for ages 7 and older at Greenwich Point at Shore Road and Tods Driftway. Admission is free.
- Jazz on the Sound Concert: 4 p.m. A Department of Parks and Recreations concert featuring Dixieland Jazz aboard the Island Beach Ferry, 100 Arch St.
- Bob Button Orchestra Concert: 5:30 p.m. The Bob Button Orchestra performs as part of the Friends of Greenwich Point summer concert series at Seaside Garden on Greenwich Point at Shore Road and Tods Driftway.
Do you have an event you'd like to publicize? Visit our Events page and add your event to our calendar.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.