WESTPORT, Conn. – U.S. Rep. Jim Himes, who represents most of Fairfield County in the 4th Congressional District, will be among the special guest speakers at a gun violence forum Sunday hosted by the Social Action Committee of Westport’s Temple Israel.
At the 2 p.m. forum, community members will hear about national, state and local responses to the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. Attendees will also have the opportunity to voice their concerns.
Other special guest speakers will include state Reps. Jonathan Steinberg (D-Westport), Kim Fawcett (D-Fairfield) and Gerald Fox (D-Stamford); state Sens. Toni Boucher (R-Wilton) and Beth Bye (D-West Hartford); Westport First Selectman Gordon Joseloff; Weston First Selectman Gayle Weinstein; Mike Lawlor of the Connecticut Criminal Justice Policy and Planning Division; and Lisa Labella, vice president of Connecticut Against Gun Violence.
A question-and-answer session will follow the speakers. For more information about the forum, call Temple Israel at 203-227-1293 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Temple Israel is at 14 Coleytown Road, Westport.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Car Accident In Port Chester
- 3 UBS Parade Rises Again In Stamford On Sunday
- 4 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Greenwich